Q: Where are you located?
My in-home studio and viewing room are in Maple Valley. However I’m an on-location photographer and will meet you at any location within a 20 mile radius of Issaquah.
Q: I want to book a session, now what?
Yahoo! I’m so excited to meet you. Fill out the booking form and tell me what kind of session you are looking for. Feel free to give me any ideas you have for your session too! I’ll contact you within 48 hours and we will plan your session together!
Q: What is included in my session?
Sessions are either 30, 60, or 90 minutes and take place at the location of your choice within a 20 mile radius of Issaquah. After your session, you will have an assortment of images to choose from at your ordering appointment. If you purchased a session that include digital files, you will choose your favorites for your USB at the ordering appointment.
Q: When and how can I purchase the images?
You have two options for purchasing/selecting your images after your shoot. 1) If you would like my assistance to help you select images for your wall, albums, designing custom announcements, etc. we will have an in-person ordering appointment at my home-studio in Maple Valley, Washington about a week after your session. OR 2) If all you want is digitals and/or some prints, I will email you an online gallery for you to choose your images from.
1) If you opt for the in-person ordering appointment, you will view your images on a large screen TV. Because your ordering will be done at this appointment, it is important that all decision makers be at the scheduled appointment. Here you will choose your digital files (purchased with your session package) and anything else you’d like to order. I set aside about 60-90 minutes for this appointment. I ask that you do the same.
2) If you choose the online gallery, your images will be posted approximately one week after your session. You will then have FOUR days to make your final decisions before your gallery expires.
After orders are placed, final products and or digitals will be shipped within four weeks.
Q. How much should I expect to spend on my final prints?
If you purchased a package with digital files, you are not obligated to purchase any additional products or prints. If you are interested in having something beautiful to hang on your walls or an album for your coffee table, you will be able to order those at the ordering appointment.
Individual prints start at $50, wall portraits start at $175, and albums starts at $345.
Q: Can we buy more digital files?
Certainly! You can purchase additional high resolution images individually or in sets of five or ten.
Q: Will I get images for Facebook?
I love showing off my work as much as you love showing off pictures of yourself! I will post my favorite images of you on Facebook with my logo. You are free to use and share those images on Facebook. However, due to copyright laws, you are not allowed to change, crop, or print any of the images I post.
Q: Are all your photos retouched?
The photos you see after your session have been color corrected. The ones that you choose to order from will be more finely retouched.
Q: What if I have specific ideas for my portraits?
Great, I love it when you have ideas of what you want! I will do my best to capture the look you are going for. Bring examples of portraits you like. You can find lots of great examples on the Internet, Pinterest, magazines, or by looking at friends’ portraits. It’s much easier to show me what you like than to try to explain it in words.
Q: What should I wear?
General Tips for Clothing:
• Solid colors or simple patterns look best. Busy patterns on clothing are distracting.
• Medium to dark shades create a timeless look.
• Darker colors are slenderizing.
• Small jewelry/accessories compliment your face better. Avoid large, distracting accessories.
• Make sure your shoes match your outfit. They might show in some poses. You may even want to go barefoot for a less formal look.
• Long sleeves are better for adults to focus attention on the face. Short sleeves are ok for infants and children.
• Simple hairstyles and natural makeup are best.
• Don’t get your hair cut within 48 hours of your portrait sitting. Ideally, haircuts should happen 2 weeks prior.
• Limit your exposure to the sun for a few days before portrait day. (ie. Don’t go tanning or use self-tanner for a few days before your appointment.)
• Have any hair and makeup supplies available for quick touch-ups.